“Inter folia fulget”
On 22 May 2022, MEPIELAN Centre proceeded to the development of MEPIELAN as a Non- Profit Civil Organization (INGO) for the more effective and efficient advancement of its Goals and Missions and in furtherance of its activities in the Mediterranean and beyond. MEPIELAN Centre as a Non- Profit Civil Organization (INGO) is registered in Greek Law (Hellenic Business Registry, Reg. No. 16477300100) in accordance with Laws 4072/2012 & 4919/2022 as applicable.
According to its Statute, comprising its constitutive instrument, the organs of the MEPIELAN-INGO are the Meeting of Members, the highest governing body, the President-Manager, who administers and manages the Centre’s affairs and represents it, and the Deputy Manager, who is vested with secretariat powers.
The Members of the MEPIELAN Centre as INGO are:
- Evangelos Raftopoulos, Professor Emeritus of International Law, President-Manager
- George Raftopoulos, Environment and Energy Expert, Deputy Manager
- Socrates Zachos, Political Scientist – Environment (Ph.D), Member
- Alexander Kailis, Political Scientist – International Environmental Governance (Ph.D), Member
- Konstantinos Tsimonis, Lecturer in Chinese Studies (King’s College London), Member
- Marina Soilemezidou, Academy of Athens, Oceanographer-Environmental Scientist (Ph.D), Member