Ph.D (Panteion University), Academy of Athens
MEPIELAN Research Fellow
In 2000, she received a Master’s degree in interdisciplinary ‘Oceanography and Marine Environment Management’ from the Geology and Geoenvironment Department of National and Kapodistrian University in Athens. She prepared her postgraduate thesis at the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research.
She obtained a Bachelor in ‘Geography Department’ from Kirov State University of Kazakhstan. In the framework of her thesis, she took part in the governmental research project “Planning of partial transfer of Siberian river water flow to Kazakhstan and Central Asia.”
She worked as a soil scientist – engineer at the Department of Research and exploitation of natural resources in the Institute of Agricultural, aerial photographs and geodetic surveys, USSR. She served as Oceanographer and GIS Scientist at the General Secretary of Civil Protection of the Ministry of Interior Affairs in Athens.
She has worked also as a stagiaire and as employee (COREPER 1) in the Permanent Representation of Greece to the European Union in Brussels.
She currently works at the Academy of Athens.
Areas of Expertise
- The Caspian Sea regime
- International negotiations Theory and Analysis
- International Environmental Governance
- Governance of the Legal Status of water bodies
- Tourism in the Aegean Sea. Sustainable Development and Ecology (M. I. Soilemezidou, I. D. Orfanidi) – In: The Aegean Sea Environment: The Natural System, (Eds.) Anagnostou С., Kostianoy A., Mariolakos I., Panayotidis P., Soilemezidou M., Tsaltas G., DOI 10.1007/698_2020_642, Springer International Publishing AG, Cham, Switzerland (in progress), 2022
- Presentation on “Oceanographic research in Greece – Difficulties and challenges (hydrocarbons, delimitation of maritime boundaries, immigration, environment)”, 5.04.2018, XIV International Scientific Conference on “Contemporary society problems and solutions in the context of transition to digital economy”, Moscow Witte University
- The problem of the International legal status of the Caspian Sea: Mechanisms of solving (Zhiltsov Sergey, Zonn Igor, Soilemezidou Marina), Herald of the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. Russia and the World, Publisher: Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Moscow),ISSN: 2410-2415, Ν 4 (14), 2017, pages 74-84, https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32501147
- Co-editor of the 2 volume edition “The Aegean Sea Environment: The Natural System”, Anagnostou С., Kostianoy A., Mariolakos I., Panayotidis P., Soilemezidou M., Tsaltas G., DOI 10.1007/698_2020_642, Springer International Publishing AG, Cham, Switzerland (2020-2022)
- Researcher at the European Center of Excellence Jean Monnet of the University of Athens (2019), Cartographic research in the Project HELLAS BY FOUR / Book by G. Valinakis “HELLAS OF THE FOUR SEAS”, 2020