MEPIELAN Centre, Panteion University of Athens
Magdalini Parouti is a Research Fellow of MEPIELAN Centre and a member of the research team of MEPIELAN E-Bulletin. Magdalini is also a legal advisor, policy advisor and litigator in the areas of Public International and International Economic law, Environmental law and Sustainable Development, Human Rights, International Commercial, Regulatory Law, Adult Care and Mental Health law and International Affairs.
She holds a Bachelor’s in International and European Studies from Panteion University of Athens and a Bachelor’s in laws (LLB) specialising in Public International Law, Asylum Law and Human Rights and International Relations, with the University of Sheffield and London Metropolitan University (Faculty of Laws and Public International Law and International Relations). Magdalini is currently completing her LLM in International Economic Law with a special focus on sustainable development, energy and human rights with Queen Mary University, London. Her diverse work background encompasses extensive legal and policy advisory services to various central and local government organisations, such as International Maritime Organisation (IMO), the Serious Fraud Office, (SFO), Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC’s) Solicitors Office), Local Authorities, Magic Circle law firms, NGOs. Magdalini has also held in house-Counsel positions amongst others in commercial organisations, the charity sector and regulatory environments, providing both legal, policy, business and operational risk, advice. She is also the Founder and Chairwoman of Kind at Heart Foundation Charitable Organisation – supporting young homeless people with legal representation, education and creative arts and a Global Goodwill Ambassador. She has also undertaken diverse training with public bodies and NGOs, such as the A4ID (Advocates for International Development), Free Representation Unit on Social Security and Employment Laws, Middle Temple Mooting and Further Education for Young Barristers, and acquired a Practitioner’s Certificate in Data Protection (FOI & SOCA Regulations, GDPR). She is currently working as a Consultant for EKLLC London.
Her main research interests and publications lie in the fields of International Law, Human Rights, Sustainable development and governance, environmental migration, international economic law and energy, She is currently undertaking research in the role of trade law in sustainable energy and the environment.
Areas of Expertise
- Public International Law and International Economic Law
- International Environmental Law, Sustainable Development and Energy
- Human Rights Law
- Maritime Law
- Immigration and Asylum Law and Corporate Immigration
- Fraud & (POCA Regulations)
- International Commercial Law and Conflict of laws
- Arbitration and Mediation/Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory, Data Protection (FOI & SOCA Regulations, GDPR)
- Kind at Heart Foundation Charitable Organisation – supporting youth support via education and arts.
- Global Goodwill Ambassador
- International Bar Association, Int. Law Society, (C.O.L), registered ILSA Chapter founder and Co-President
- Women in International Business Law, member
- Interights (The International Centre for the Legal Protection of Human Rights) member and volunteer Liberty Letters member and case worker
- FRU (Free Representation Unit), member and associate
- A4ID – Advocates for International Development, member
Founder and Chairwoman of Kind at Heart Foundation Charitable Organisation – supporting youth support via education and arts.