About MEPIELAN CENTRE
The Mediterranean Programme for International Environmental Law and Negotiation (MEPIELAN CENTRE) is an international research and training Centre located at Panteion University, Athens Greece.
MEPIELAN CENTRE was established in 2008 by the Panteion University to provide a new strengthened institutional base for the activities previously carried out under the auspices of MEPIELAN (Panteion University), a successful international programme of international seminars, workshops and publications carried out between 2002 and 2007 under the scientific supervision of Professor of International Law, Evangelos Raftopoulos, and supported by the Mediterranean Action Plan/United Nations Environment Programme (MAP/UNEP) and the Greek Ministry of the Environment, Physical Planning and Public Works.
For the achievement of its mission and goals, MEPIELAN CENTRE:
- Maintains and enriches a reference library
- Publishes the series MEPIELAN Studies in International Environmental Law and Negotiation, which started in 2004, aimed at promoting an interdisciplinary approach to international environmental law and innovative international scholarship in this field
- Maintains and develops the webpage of MEPIELAN that, since 2002, represents an internationally acknowledged platform of scientific information and spreads valid scientific information with any means available
- Develops and implements research programmes and projects or other initiatives either on its own or in cooperation with institutes and bodies of Greece and abroad
- Organizes series of lectures, seminars, conferences, workshops and other scientific events of international character where presentations are held by internationally recognized academics, experts and international officials who cooperate with MEPIELAN.